To be released soon...
Sisters ordinarily have a special bond, but ours was strengthened by the traumas and losses we experienced as kids, as the two children of a famous author and his beautiful but deeply disturbed wife. Only we could understand how that was for us. Only we could deconstruct it, a process that was healing, fascinating, and immensely difficult. She writes in her style and I sought my own voice. She wrote a lot more words. I wrote with a different tone. Some of the transitions from one chapter to the next are awkward, mostly because our paths diverged at times. My goal in putting our books together isn’t to find the “truth,” or to homogenize the narrative. We each believed our memories were completely accurate but accepted that the other remembered it differently. Memory is funny that way. You can trust it to some degree but also accept that it’s reshaped over time. There is no absolute reality. The reality is the totality of what she and I believed together. What never changed or varied is the solid constancy of the love that bound us. The details just don’t matter. What matters is that her voice comes through her chapters and reading them now brings her to life again.
The Parent's Guide to Birdnesting: A Child-Centered Solution to Co-Parenting During Separation and Divorce
In this book, readers will learn:
- What is "nesting" and why you should consider it
- How to know if it is right for your family
- Practical steps to living arrangements
- How to talk to kids and others about your plan to nest
- Creating a Nesting Agreement and a Parenting Plan
- Financial concerns and budgeting
- Dating and new relationships while nesting
- Deal breakers to nesting (what it takes to nest successfully)
- Self-care while nesting (while separating or divorcing)
- How long to nest and how to end the nesting